OR  

Elder Stats Development Blog Discussion

Post discussions, suggestions, your opinions, and feature requests for The Elder Stats in here. Discuss the site with other members and developers, alike.

Re: Elder Stats Development Blog Discussion

Postby WolfGang IceEye » December 7th, 2008, 11:37 pm

Yeah I can't wait until the website launches. However when it is launched will we have to remake our acounts?
Anonymous: Because None Of Us Are As Cruel As All Of Us.
WolfGang IceEye
Protector

Forum Posts: 147
Characters: 0

Postby Tom » December 8th, 2008, 5:13 pm

WolfGang IceEye wrote:However when it is launched will we have to remake our acounts?

No. To make it easiest on the members, once the website is released, all accounts and forum posts will be transferred over to the new website. So, don't worry about that. ;)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby WolfGang IceEye » December 8th, 2008, 9:37 pm

Okay great, thank you tom. :mrgreen:
Anonymous: Because None Of Us Are As Cruel As All Of Us.
WolfGang IceEye
Protector

Forum Posts: 147
Characters: 0

Postby Teinaava » December 10th, 2008, 11:30 pm

Post #4

On the screenshot showing the faction rankings, I noticed that there were some factions missing. These were the Knights of the Nine, Nine Divines, and the Court of Madness. These are all added by expansions, so the reason they're not on the list might be that you haven't selected that you have them. Also, you're missing the Mythic Dawn faction. You join this shortly during the Main Quest. I'm not sure if you want to include this or not, but you have the Blackwood Company whose membership is similar to that of the Mythic Dawn.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby Tom » December 10th, 2008, 11:50 pm

Teinaava wrote:These are all added by expansions, so the reason they're not on the list might be that you haven't selected that you have them.

I wasn't sure which factions were added by expansions, so I just added the basic factions that are part of the regular game. I think it would be a good idea to add other factions, but I don't know what the ranks in each faction are when the expansions are installed. Also, which factions are enabled by expansions and mods? All of them? If you can find some of this out for me, please, I would very much appreciate it!

Teinaava wrote:Also, you're missing the Mythic Dawn faction. You join this shortly during the Main Quest. I'm not sure if you want to include this or not, but you have the Blackwood Company whose membership is similar to that of the Mythic Dawn.

I was thinking about that very thing, and I don't know why I chose to add one and not the other. I suppose I could just add them both since some people might not complete the quest that gets them "kicked" out of those factions right away.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby Teinaava » December 10th, 2008, 11:57 pm

Tom wrote:
Teinaava wrote:These are all added by expansions, so the reason they're not on the list might be that you haven't selected that you have them.

I wasn't sure which factions were added by expansions, so I just added the basic factions that are part of the regular game. I think it would be a good idea to add other factions, but I don't know what the ranks in each faction are when the expansions are installed. Also, which factions are enabled by expansions and mods? All of them? If you can find some of this out for me, please, I would very much appreciate it!

Here's the factions that are added by expansions and their ranks:

Nine Divines - Knights of the Nine
Pilgrim

Knights of the Nine - Knights of the Nine
Knight Errant
Knight Commander
Divine Crusader

Court of Madness - Shivering Isles
Tourist
Aspirant
Citizen
Madman
Honored Madman
Duke or Duchess of Mania or Duke or Duchess of Dementia
Regent
Defender of the Realm
Madgod
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Postby Xavier » December 11th, 2008, 12:21 am

Ah, cool. Thanks, Teinaava. Yeah, I saw those factions there, I guess it makes sense to add them since those mods are from Bethesda.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Tom » December 11th, 2008, 12:24 am

I don't think I plan to add any factions that are introduced to Oblivion by unofficial mods, though. I'm sure people can understand that. If they really want to post what their rank is in a faction is that was introduced by an unofficial mod, they can always just post it in their character's Comments area.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby Xavier » December 11th, 2008, 12:25 am

Yeah, I was thinking that too.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Teinaava » December 11th, 2008, 12:48 am

I agree with only adding factions from official mods. Also, in case you are wondering, the ranks you can get in the Mythic Dawn are "Initiate" and "Acolyte".
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback & Discussion