OR  

Elder Stats Development Blog Discussion

Post discussions, suggestions, your opinions, and feature requests for The Elder Stats in here. Discuss the site with other members and developers, alike.

Re: Elder Stats Development Blog Discussion

Postby Tom » December 14th, 2008, 12:24 am

Thank you for your help, Teinaava. I've modified The Elder Stats to work with these new factions. Now, are there any other important things besides weapons and armor that are added to Oblivion with those two expansion packs, or are the new factions the only new additions of importance to The Elder Stats project?
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Teinaava » December 14th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Tom wrote:Now, are there any other important things besides weapons and armor that are added to Oblivion with those two expansion packs, or are the new factions the only new additions of importance to The Elder Stats project?

The Shivering Isles adds a "Shivering Isles Bounty" which is seperate from your bounty in Cyrodiil. So, if you have a place where you enter your bounty in Cyrodiil, you should add a place for your Shivering Isles bounty.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby The Raven » December 14th, 2008, 8:33 pm

Xavier, it looks great :)! I really like it!
I can't believe ES is finished soon!
The Raven
Protector

Forum Posts: 100
Characters: 0

Postby Tom » December 15th, 2008, 12:18 am

Teinaava wrote:
Tom wrote:Now, are there any other important things besides weapons and armor that are added to Oblivion with those two expansion packs, or are the new factions the only new additions of importance to The Elder Stats project?

The Shivering Isles adds a "Shivering Isles Bounty" which is seperate from your bounty in Cyrodiil. So, if you have a place where you enter your bounty in Cyrodiil, you should add a place for your Shivering Isles bounty.

I did as you said. Thank you for that information. All of these additions to the ES website are going to make it appeal to Oblivion fans of all kinds, and that is a very good thing!

By the way, not to promise anything, but you may be able to expect at least a beta release of The Elder Stats website before the new year.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby The Edgy Redguard » January 7th, 2009, 12:58 am

Tom and Xavier, i would like to Commend your work with the Website, as what i've heard from the Dev. Blog It will be truly amazing. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to that late January Opening.
Stephen Hawking: I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.
The Edgy Redguard
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 88
Characters: 1

Postby Kestral » January 7th, 2009, 4:20 am

Will you have some sort of add-on that puts some stats of our character in the panel to the right?
The one with our avatar and posts.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229

Postby Tom » January 7th, 2009, 12:30 pm

Kestral wrote:Will you have some sort of add-on that puts some stats of our character in the panel to the right?
The one with our avatar and posts.

Well, I was thinking about doing that, but then I thought of a few reasons why it wouldn't be a very good idea. One of the reasons is that some members will have multiple characters, so it would require showing individual stats for each of their characters in the side bar under their avatars. Also, I personally believe that putting stats on the sidebar would end up making each post box a bit too long in height, thus creating a lot of "white space" at the bottom of each post box and making the page a bit more tedious to read through for viewers with lower monitor resolutions. And, by the way, if you click on a member's profile, you will be able to see each character that they have created listed in their profile with a few stats next to them, accompanied by a link to each character's profile, so I think that is sufficient enough for now. (I don't know if you've seen the beta member profile design, but you can view it here. It gives you the feel of what I just explained about each member's profile.) However, I could put one stat on the right sidebar that says something like "Number of Characters." That might be a more feasible stat to place on the sidebar for each member. It's not a bad idea.

Thanks for your input! :)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby Xavier » January 7th, 2009, 9:01 pm

Yeah, that could be a good idea. I hope newcomers know that they can click people's usernames to view their profiles. But, it shouldn't be to much of a problem.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Kestral » January 8th, 2009, 12:44 am

Xavier wrote:Yeah, that could be a good idea. I hope newcomers know that they can click people's usernames to view their profiles. But, it shouldn't be to much of a problem.

If not, there could be a button like the PM or IM button that links it to there.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229

Postby Tom » January 8th, 2009, 1:49 am

Kestral wrote:
Xavier wrote:Yeah, that could be a good idea. I hope newcomers know that they can click people's usernames to view their profiles. But, it shouldn't be to much of a problem.

If not, there could be a button like the PM or IM button that links it to there.

Where exactly do you think it would link to? Just wondering. Also, if users can't find those links, then they can just search the leaderboards for other characters' profiles. Also, they will figure it out after examining the member profiles for a couple seconds.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback & Discussion