OR  

Show off your home!

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Show off your home!

Postby The Black Arrow » May 6th, 2009, 4:47 am

Where do you guys live, and what have you done with the place? Do you collect trophies and decorate, or just buy the furnishings and leave it be? Show screens or photos, then invite us over for a party! =D

*hides lockpicks in sock* >.>
---Est. 2009---
*moved into Rosethorn Hall, Evening Star 18th*
The Black Arrow
Citizen

Forum Posts: 59
Characters: 6

Re: Show off your home!

Postby Eskayti » May 6th, 2009, 6:06 am

Oh my! I'm an addict about personalizing my houses ... and castles. I have a few favorites I downloaded and my absolute favorite is called Castle Veyvond located on the water between Veyvond Cave and Flooded Mine. I love to add my personal touches, set special items and armor out, food, expensive and special wines on the tables - I keep my people fed. :P I attempt to spruce up all my houses too - I usually get at least the first floor of the Skingrad house personalized really nice and fix up the Servant's Quarters too. Since the hovel in IC is usually the first place I can afford I try to make it as nice as I can, besides it comes in handy during the first few quests for the Thieves Guild - and I haven't found a decent IC mod to download yet.

It may be on here somewhere - maybe? - but I haven't found it yet. I play the pc and was wondering how do I take screen shots of my character and such? I know I have to go in and enable something, but I'm rather 'computer dense' so if someone knows, can you explain it to me... pretty please. :?
Cat's out of the bag on that one! Who puts cats in bags anyway? Cats hate bags.
Eskayti
Beggar

Forum Posts: 25
Characters: 1

Postby The Black Arrow » May 6th, 2009, 5:43 pm

*gasp* YOU MUST SHOW US.

And I only have the PS3 version now (PC version is on the way!) but from my computer knowledge, you can use the Print/Screen button to copy your entire screen as a jpeg image. But that's all I know about getting screens off the comp =(
---Est. 2009---
The Black Arrow
Citizen

Postby Tom » May 6th, 2009, 7:53 pm

Eskayti wrote:I play the pc and was wondering how do I take screen shots of my character and such? I know I have to go in and enable something, but I'm rather 'computer dense' so if someone knows, can you explain it to me... pretty please. :?

There are two articles in The Elder Stats Knowledge Base that can help you out with that. I'll list them below:

Hopefully that helps you out. If you need any help taking screenshots and uploading them to The Elder Stats, please fell free to ask. ;)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Eskayti » May 7th, 2009, 10:46 am

Thanks Tom!

I have it downloaded, unfortunately I'll have to wait to use it ... it won't let me do much of anything until it's registered and I don't have a spare $37 at the moment. Darn it all! :(

But once I get it all registered and what not I'll post something ... at least maybe I can add my character pics and such. 8-)
Eskayti
Beggar

Postby Tom » May 7th, 2009, 10:57 pm

Hmm...did you download the free version of Fraps? The free version usually doesn't require you to register and pay for the product.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby The Black Arrow » May 9th, 2009, 6:08 am

No pictahs yet?! *sadface* I guess it's up to me! 8-)

Ill upload them all later today!
---Est. 2009---
The Black Arrow
Citizen

Postby Eskayti » May 11th, 2009, 4:07 am

Tom wrote:Hmm...did you download the free version of Fraps? The free version usually doesn't require you to register and pay for the product.

Yup, but it will only let me take a screenshot using .bmp unless I register it. If I want to change it to .jpg or .png I have to register it first.

I followed the link you put ... it there another version somewhere? The site says 'free download' but to really use it looks you gotta pay. Perhaps you got it when it was still free to download and a free trial - I don't see anything about a 'free trial' anywhere. Maybe next month I can spring for it, who knows?
Eskayti
Beggar

Postby The Black Arrow » May 11th, 2009, 5:22 am

Ive got more trophies and re-decorated. Now I have to take more pictahs.

or maybe I am stalling so my lame house won't look like a n00bfarm compared to everyone elses'. >.>

xD
---Est. 2009---
The Black Arrow
Citizen

Postby Eskayti » May 11th, 2009, 7:11 am

I finally spent a couple of in-game days -- maybe it was longer, lost track of time -- but I went from place to place sprucing things up. I could still do a lot more to some of the places, but several areas of my castles are public areas and the other residents of the castle like to come around and watch what I'm doing and get in the way and attempt small talk ... very distracting! :| -sigh-
Eskayti
Beggar

Next

Return to Oblivion Discussion