OR  

Your playing style

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Re: Your playing style

Postby Hope of Sparta » February 22nd, 2009, 8:50 pm

Yeah, there's a pretty good chance that if that hadn't happened, my character would have died on the spot. For some reason on the console version, it seems like archers and mages know exactly how to aim ahead even if you haven't really made a movement yet. Like, say if I did have the reaction time to recover from the arrow and roll out of the way, there was a pretty good chance I would have either rolled into the arrow, or the arrow would have like hit me in the leg.

Yeah, but anyways, this whole thing happened with one of my lower level characters, Altair, who pretty much sucks at magic with the exception of Alchemy. I try to stay away from using heavy armor or shields on this character, which almost resulted in his death this time. This guy is more of an assassin type except I don't try to use bows just because it really leaves you open when fighting more than 1 guy. However, he is a master with Blade, Alchemy, Acrobats, and Athletics. He is an expert in Light Armor. He is a journeyman in armorer and sneak. I still have a long way to go with him before I ever post him on the leaderboards.

I also have a redguard at a higher level, but I have kinda stopped levelling him just because using the felldew exploit is going to be so monotonous on this guy. BTW, for anyone who ever does that, make sure to pick out major skills that are easy to level, like most magic stuff. Otherwise, you will end up spending hours trying to level something like blade.
Hope of Sparta
Perma Banned
Beggar

Forum Posts: 23
Characters: 0

Postby iron spartan101 » February 22nd, 2009, 9:00 pm

i started a new character yesterday a female breton mage called frankenstein (after the racer from death race) who is already level 10 and has a fun way of fighting. because it is a mage i put mostly magic things for major skills but left out mysticism and alteration for athletics and light armour but all i do is summon a creature my enermies attack the summoned creature and i jsut cast spells and them killing them with out any trouble.

PS i will put her on the site soon
iron spartan101
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 67
Characters: 1

Postby Boulderheart » February 23rd, 2009, 9:44 pm

Well i started playing my paladin today - and i altered teh difficulty from medium to down a few notches, because scamp's fireballs were taking too much off my health, but then i could kill dremora churls one hit with my Touch Electric spell. So i put the difficulty up... i did this for awhile and i don;t know why it is... i have nearly died several times but my Restoration saved me... i dont know what it is - perhaps a certain skill imissed out?

I can't think of anything. BUt either way while i stopped playing oblivion its gotten harder lol :P
Boulderheart
Beggar

Forum Posts: 16

Postby iron spartan101 » February 23rd, 2009, 10:51 pm

Boulderheart wrote:Well i started playing my paladin today - and i altered teh difficulty from medium to down a few notches, because scamp's fireballs were taking too much off my health, but then i could kill dremora churls one hit with my Touch Electric spell. So i put the difficulty up... i did this for awhile and i don;t know why it is

I had the same thing with my mage because i am used to going up close combat and mashing them up but with my mage i have to get more distanced attacks but i found that when you can summon a daedroth to fight and defend you and then you speels to kill them.
iron spartan101
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 67

Postby KaiJin » February 26th, 2009, 3:14 am

Hope of Sparta wrote:He is an expert in Light Armor. He is a journeyman in armorer and sneak. I still have a long way to go with him before I ever post him on the leaderboards.

Sorry to interject here, but being both new and having very little time to spend on such things, it would appear that I have misunderstood the purpose of this site perhaps? I never intended to apply for a "rank" in a "leaderboard" per se. As strange as this may sound, I thought this was just a site where anyone could post their characters if they so chose ... (or something).

I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused, and do thank you for your time.

-KJ.
KaiJin
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 2

Postby Teinaava » February 26th, 2009, 3:22 am

KaiJin wrote:Sorry to interject here, but being both new and having very little time to spend on such things, it would appear that I have misunderstood the purpose of this site perhaps? I never intended to apply for a "rank" in a "leaderboard" per se. As strange as this may sound, I thought this was just a site where anyone could post their characters if they so chose ... (or something).

This is a site where people can post their characters. The leaderboards are just there so people can see where their character ranks among other ones in different statistics. You don't have to pay attention to the leaderboards if you don't want to.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby KaiJin » February 27th, 2009, 5:53 pm

Okay, thank you, sir. :)

- KJ
KaiJin
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 2

Postby Xavier » February 28th, 2009, 12:06 am

Maybe we could make a feature where you can choose whether you want to be in the leaderboards or not.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Tom » March 1st, 2009, 2:48 am

Xavier wrote:Maybe we could make a feature where you can choose whether you want to be in the leaderboards or not.

I was thinking of adding a feature such as that in a future release.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Orindae » April 10th, 2009, 1:19 am

So anyway our role playing styles.

For me, I'm a sneaky devil, hence the 100% sneak, sneaking around with a ring of shadows of 25% (still looking for a better one)
I like to keep my game clean, and honorable, not killing innocent folks and all. I do like to fight the demora dudes, I love there saying they say in the rumbling deep voices. when I am in a cave or ruin and sneaking around it's fun to conjure up a Zombie to distract an enemy when there is to much light you need to pass through. also I have a sworn duty that I do to rid Cyrodil of all necromancers. Why? Just a personal mission I decided to do. and it would seem the mages guild is in favor of it, yet I get no huzzah from them when I take down a necromancer. That's something that would be cool if you could bring them necromancer cloaks and they reward you for it.
Orindae
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 3

PreviousNext

Return to Oblivion Discussion