OR  

Your playing style

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Re: Your playing style

Postby Tom » April 10th, 2009, 2:34 am

Orindae wrote:That's something that would be cool if you could bring them necromancer cloaks and they reward you for it.

Sort of like how you can bring Vampire Dusts to the leader of the Order of the Virtuous Blood and get a reward? Yeah, that would be cool. Maybe there's a Mod for that.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 13th, 2009, 8:18 pm

Ashina, my character, doesn't usually travel anywhere on her own. She has her bodyguards with her. But her usual method of fighting is to shoot from long range with a bow, then to shoot at the enemy as they approach before firing off destruction spells. Then she draws her sword and throws an illusion spell, usually calm, command, or paralyze, and engages in combat.

Or, perhaps, you want my playing style when attacking cities? When me and my army attacked Cheydinhal, with Open Cities installed, I piled a load of junk up against the low wall so even NPCs could get across, then I slipped down into the city between the shops and the castle without being seen, and turned around to engage the garrison.

In Bruma, I frenzied some of my soldiers so they chased the guards back through the main gate whilst I led the rest of them into Bruma Caverns, and entered the city through Jearl's House. The battle at the front gate was still being fought, so I exterminated and occupied the houses before leading a few of my best soldiers to help drive the guard at the gate back. They holed up in the castle, and are still there!
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 97
Characters: 2

Postby Legolastom » April 14th, 2009, 6:27 am

Hope of Sparta wrote:I try to play the samurai route on this game since I grew watching tons of Afro Samurai and Samurai Champloo. You know? Quest to be the greatest warrior/swordsman of the land.

<<snip>>

That day, my character had fought like a lion, and had been saved by a mouse...or in this case, a rat.

Symbolic? I don't know. Maybe.

Wow that was quite a read.

Anyway my play style depends on what character I am playing, on my Paladin character I of course tank and heal, however I also try to use my debuffing spells a lot during the fight if they are not doing as much damage to me and occasionally take advantage of the environment, but that's just about it.
Legolastom
Citizen

Forum Posts: 43

Postby Katherine » April 17th, 2009, 12:22 pm

I base my activities on the race of the character, and create story lines based on what i have read about them. For entertainment I sometimes make them behave ironically...getting them to do things that go 'against their nature' or vacation which is funny.
e.g Intelligent and friendly Orc Mage, an Altmer who is averse to magic etc
Katherine
Citizen

Forum Posts: 48
Characters: 1

Postby Tom » April 17th, 2009, 6:02 pm

Katherine wrote:e.g Intelligent and friendly Orc Mage

Oh please! I'm still getting over that scum-of-the-earth Mazoga the Orc. :D
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Katherine » April 17th, 2009, 11:19 pm

:D LOL - thought i was the only one that found myself feeling personally offended when I first encountered Mazoga.
I do catch myself thinking - "hey! how dare you talk to me like that!!" sometimes with several NPC's
Katherine
Citizen

Forum Posts: 48
Characters: 1

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 18th, 2009, 12:07 am

Alessia Caro is probably the nastiest NPC in the game, and it's even worse because she tries to hide it. Yeah, you guessed - Leyawiin's next on the list of towns I'm going to destroy. There are no clever ways in like there were at Cheydinhal and Bruma, though, so this is going to be tricky...
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Postby Teinaava » April 18th, 2009, 12:17 am

Ashk. Ashina Zelaku wrote:Alessia Caro is probably the nastiest NPC in the game

I agree, however you shouldn't destroy Leyawiin. Just kill her, her husband, their bodyguards, and Hlidara Mothril, then set up an Argonian as the new ruler of the town.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby Legolastom » April 18th, 2009, 4:30 am

Ashk. Ashina Zelaku wrote:Alessia Caro is probably the nastiest NPC in the game, and it's even worse because she tries to hide it. Yeah, you guessed - Leyawiin's next on the list of towns I'm going to destroy. There are no clever ways in like there were at Cheydinhal and Bruma, though, so this is going to be tricky...

How bout a large force distracts the guards with an attack from Greyland (I think that's what its called) while a small elite group lead by you storm the castle from the other gate and take out the leadership. Don't think you need ideas (Half the fun is coming up with them yourself) but just throwing this out there.
Legolastom
Citizen

Forum Posts: 43

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 18th, 2009, 10:05 am

then set up an Argonian as the new ruler of the town

I hate Argonians more than she does ;)

I'm doing this for the Dunmer.

How bout a large force distracts the guards with an attack from Greyland (I think that's what its called) while a small elite group lead by you storm the castle from the other gate and take out the leadership

Ah, that might work. I did this at Bruma - frenzied my soldiers so they chased the owner of the stables through the gates, and then went to Bruma Caverns and got into the city unopposed. But I don't know anything about the defences in Leyawiin because you can't see the inside (I have Open Cities installed) from anywhere on the map, and I don't like to go in without knowing what I'll have to fight.

I'll keep the idea in mind, though.
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

PreviousNext

Return to Oblivion Discussion